We haven’t posted a recipe in a long time and to break the recipe drought we bring you this delicious, Best Banting Brownies recipe from Satisfyingeats.com.
- 1 cup natural almond, peanut or sunflower butter (creamy)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream or heavy cream (or coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Stevia Select powdered Stevia or sweetener of choice to taste (sweetness equivalent to 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. of sugar)
- 1 tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or sunflower seeds (for nut free)
- 2 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
- Extra nuts for top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line with parchment paper or butter the bottom of an 8X8 square or 8″ cake pan and set aside.Add all ingredients to a medium bowl (except the chocolate chips and extra nuts) and blend with mixer until smooth. Taste for sweetness and adjust if needed. Pour batter into prepared pan, being sure to spread batter to corners. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and extra nuts.
Bake for 17-20 minutes or just until the center starts to rise and hold shape. EAT!
- Nutrition per brownie: 160 Calories, 13.5 grams Fat, 7 Total Carbs, 2.5 grams Fiber, 4.5 Net Carbs, 6 grams Protein